Welcome to the West Tech Fest (West Tech Fest) Ticketing Terms and Conditions (Ticketing Terms and Conditions). All Tickets (Tickets) and Passes (Passes) to West Tech Fest events (Events) are subject to these Ticketing Terms and Conditions. This includes Tickets and Passes purchased on the internet through West Tech Fest’s website, via phone, email or in person.
- This is the latest version of the Ticketing Terms and Conditions.
- All questions concerning the Ticketing Terms and Conditions should be directed to West Tech Fest using these contact details:
- Phone: 08 9266 7208
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notwithstanding anything else in these Ticketing Terms and Conditions, all Tickets and Passes are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the venue of the Event and to any terms and conditions displayed at the point of sale and at the venue of the Event.
- These Ticketing Terms and Conditions remain in effect even if the Ticket or Pass is given or sold to someone else. The subsequent holder of the Ticket is bound by the same Ticketing Terms and Conditions.
Alterations to Events
- West Tech Fest reserves the right to change any element of its Events including but not limited to an alteration, cancellation and re-scheduling of Events.
- West Tech Fest may vary advertised programs to add, withdraw or substitute speakers at any Event where necessary.
- West Tech Fest will endeavour to advise you as soon as possible if an Event has been re-scheduled or cancelled and whether you are entitled to entry to a re-scheduled Event. If you are entitled to entry to a re-scheduled Event, then West Tech Fest will endeavour to ensure you receive replacement tickets of equal or lesser value of the original ticket value to the re-scheduled event.
Ticket and Pass Transfer Policy
- West Tech Fest Tickets and Passes are issued to, can be picked up by, and used by only the Participant named in the registration.
- 24 hours prior to the start date of an Event, West Tech Fest will accept a request to transfer a pass or ticket into the name of another individual. You may change these details by emailing email@example.com with the name of the person you wish to transfer the pass/ticket to.
- Passes and Tickets are non-transferable after they collected by the registered Participant.
- Notwithstanding the provisions above, Lanyards and Wristbands are non-transferrable.
Refusal of entry or eviction
- You may be refused entry to an Event or evicted from an Event at the sole discretion of West Tech Fest in any circumstance including the following:
- where you arrive at the venue of the Event after the commencement time of the Event;
- where you produce a Ticket that has been handled or dealt with in a way that is contrary to the Terms and Conditions;
- where you cannot produce an official form of identity that matches with the name on the ticket presented;
- where you cannot produce proof of your concession entitlement where a concession Ticket has been purchased;
- where you produce a Ticket that has been identified by West Tech Fest, the owner or proprietor of the venue of an Event (Venue Manager) or a person authorised by West Tech Fest or a Venue Manager to sell Tickets or goods and services relating to Tickets (Ticketing Service Provider) as having been sold or offered for resale for a profit by any person or organisation that is not authorised by West Tech Fest, the Venue Manager or a Ticketing Service Provider (i.e. a ‘scalped’ ticket);
- where you have in your possession or refuse to surrender to the Venue Manager any object or article including but not limited to photographic or recording equipment, food or alcohol, that is not permitted to be brought into or used in that venue;
- where you refuse to undergo a physical search or a search of your possessions where such a search is requested by West Tech Fest, the Venue Manager or a Ticketing Service Provider;
- where you behave in a manner which may cause property damage or that threatens the safety of any other person;
- where you are behaving in a manner that unreasonably interferes with other Ticket holders’ enjoyment of the Event, including through the use of cameras, mobile phones, personal computers, paging devices or other electronic devices; or
- where you otherwise breach the Venue Manager’s conditions of entry or fail to follow the reasonable directions of the staff or agents of West Tech Fest, the Venue Manager or a Ticketing Service Provider.
Refunds and exchanges
- Subject to paragraphs 2 to 4 below, Tickets and Passes will be fully refunded or exchanged where the Event to which you purchased a Ticket is:
- re-scheduled (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the re-scheduled Event); or
- significantly re-located,
- If an Event is cancelled mid-Event then the quantum of your refund will depend on the nature of the Event and the proportion of the Event completed. In such circumstances West Tech Fest will refund an amount which in its sole discretion is reasonable in the circumstances having regard to the nature of the Event and the proportion of the Event completed.
- Subject to paragraph 16 below, you will not be eligible for a refund or exchange in the following circumstances:
- your request was made less than 30 days prior to the start of the event;
- if you purchased your Ticket or Pass from a ticket seller not authorised by West Tech Fest
- if you do not provide, on request by West Tech Fest, proof that your Ticket or Pass was purchased from a Ticket seller authorised by West Tech Fest;
- if the Ticket was free or complimentary; or
- your grounds for requesting the refund or exchange consist solely of one or more of the following grounds:
- the standard of the Event did not meet your expectations;
- you were unable to attend the Event for any reason, including illness, transport failure or delay, or you chose not to attend the original Event for which you purchased the Ticket;
- you were refused entry to the Event or evicted from the Event for any reason set out in paragraph 12 above;
- the Ticket price was altered after the time at which you purchased your Ticket; or
- your Ticket was lost, stolen or is invalid.
- In circumstances not covered by paragraphs 1 to 2 above, West Tech Fest may offer a discretionary refund. A discretionary refund will only be offered if you made the request within a reasonable time after the Event, preferably within five working days of the Event.
- If you are entitled to a full refund of the price of your Ticket, then the refund will not include the service charge.
Photography: This event will be photographed and/or videoed and images will occasionally be used for promotional and marketing purposes, including social media. If you do not wish to be photographed or videoed please notify our Events staff at event registration.
Accessibility: If you have any access requirements to enable you to participate at this event please advise when you register.