Weird Growth by Ammo Marketing #20 – KC Holiday – Qalo – The fellowship of $125 million in rings
KC Co-Founder of Qalo and now at BetterLabs, built a new category of product from scratch, silicone wedding rings.
- How his product ended up on national television for an NFL show
- Build a moat – a long-lasting competitive advantage that other businesses can hardly replicate
- Lessons from selling QALO. Short answer – operate in a way that focuses on profitability.
What started as a way to wear a wedding ring at the gym quickly turned into an online business generating millions in revenue which was up to $125 million when he sold it. The tipping point? KC knew he was onto something when a Qalo ring ended up on an NFL player’s finger on a TV showed which aired for millions across the US.
Although KC didn’t get results from that initially, what followed was just as amazing. Listen in to hear how you can access great resources, education, knowledge and experience from KC himself.
Silicon wedding rings
https://qalo.com/ and more on KC’s story at Starter Story
Uncomfortable metal wedding rings
Firefighters, Athletes, Military
Big pieces of advice
- Validate your solution as soon as you can and lean into who it’s validated with. Find the people that are a ‘hell yes.’
- Obsessively focus on your customers.
- Operate in a way that focuses on profitability.
- If you don’t know your numbers, you don’t know your business. What gets measured gets managed.
- You need to tell people you exist because if you don’t no one else will.
- Believe that you’re capable of learning everything you need to grow your company.
- You never know what sending your product to someone who might be an end user is going to lead to.